World Gaming Insight

WGI – World Gaming Insight | Rapid Gaming News

Macau’s Health Bureau says 25,000 casino staff have now received COVID-19 virus tests

Around 25,000 frontline casino workers for Sands China and SJM Holdings have now received COVID-19 virus tests, with all coming back negative, Macau’s Health Bureau revealed on Friday.

The tests form part of the government’s new requirements since border restrictions between Macau and Guangdong Province were eased, with all frontline staff needing to pass a one-off test. The test is provided free of charge and applies to all dealers, cashier workers, security staff and other frontline staff, as well as junket workers.

The Health Bureau said Friday it has already arranged for the casino staff of other gaming operators to receive their virus tests in phases, but did not offer a specific date for completion.

There are between 50,000 and 60,000 frontline staff working in Macau’s casinos.

The Health Bureau also revealed it has increased its daily virus test quota for residents and visitors to 11,000 as of last week, taking the total number of people tested to more 300,000.

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) has stipulated that all people entering casinos must submit a negative COVID-19 virus test certificate obtained within the previous seven days, and present valid “green” health codes.

Macau currently has no active cases of COVID-19, having recorded 46 positive test results since the start of the pandemic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter | 訂閱我們

%d bloggers like this: