The Hong Kong Jockey Club will resume its Mark Six lottery draw from 24 September – almost eight months after it was suspended due to COVID-19.
Originally paused on 1 February, the lottery had previously been planned to resume on 21 July but was postponed as a second wave of coronavirus infections spread through Hong Kong.
With daily cases now back to single digits, The HKJC announced Tuesday that it will recommence Mark Six later this month, starting with one draw per week.
“The Club understands that customers are eagerly expecting the resumption of Mark Six lottery draw, and that the revenue of Mark Six is a major source of the Lotteries Fund to finance various social welfare services,” it said.
“After balancing these factors and the Government’s gradual relaxation of measures to allow the measured resumption of social and economic activities, the Club decided to resume the Mark Six lottery draw on 24 September.”
Tickets for initial draws will only be available online or via Telebet services, although The HKJC said it is hoping it can resume sales of lottery tickets at Off-Course Betting Branches in the fourth quarter.
Turnover for Mark Six fell 39% in the 12 months to 30 June 2020 to HK$5.1 billion (US$658 million).